Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

China Experience

At the end of the Semester, Kelly (our coordinator), asked us to write up our feeling about our China Experience with a picture of ourselves. This is what I submitted: 

I struggle to find the right words to say to really describe my China Experience as a whole. I feel so many things when I think about the 6 wonderful, crazy, fun, hard months that I have spent this last year living in China. My China experience has been absolutely incredible. Ultimately, Words cannot describe how blessed I feel. I am only 20, yet I have had so many amazing opportunities to travel around the world and experience so many different things. Needless to say, although life has thrown many different curve balls my way, I know I am blessed and I love my life. I am so grateful that I made the choice to come to China. I can honestly say that my time spent in China has been the most meaningful 6 months of my life and could not have come at a better time. I needed to get away and find myself. There is no better way to forget about my petty problems then while serving the Chinese people. While in China, I found out so much about myself and met so many people who have made such a powerful impact on my life. When I left China the first time, I balled my eyes out. And now, just thinking about leaving so soon, I am so sad. I am sad to leave my friends, my coordinators and my kids. Yet, I leave with a smile on my face because being in China and learning so much from the Chinese people, has helped me grow in so many different way. I will always remember the friends I have made, the kids I have taught, and the amazing places I have seen. My Chinese adventures will always be such a special part of my life. 中国 I love China!



No comments:

Post a Comment