Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cliché

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful and to remember all of the things that you are grateful for. Well instead of boring you with a long list of the million things I am thankful for, I will talk about one single thing.

There are not enough words in the English language for me to express how grateful I am for International Language Programs. I am so so so ridiculously grateful. ILP has changed my life. 
Because of this program I have had the amazing opportunity to not only travel but to meet so many different people who have touched my life in so many different ways. 

Obviously, the first people I need to talk about are the kids that I have taught. I have taught over 150 kids English with this program. Even though I have been the teacher I feel as though the kids have taught me so much more than I have taught them. I love all of the kids so much. There have been so many times that even when they have been driving me completly insane they have managed to pull at my little heart strings. I have been so proud of the growth I have been able to witness and these kids have such a special place in my heart. If it wasn't for this program then I never would have met any of them. Crazy.  
Ukraine:









Weihai, China:






Xiaolan, China: 












Other amazing people that I may not have ever met if it wasn't for this program are the wonderful people that have been in my groups. 
My friends from Ukriane. I love all these girls so so SOOOO much. I am so glad that I met them. Every single one of these girls is incredible. Each of them has taught me something, made me feel special, and have influenced me and helped me out in ways they may not even realize. 
  





My friends from Weihai. When I went to Weihai, I was really nervous that the group wouldn't accept me because I was coming in mid-semester. Boy was I wrong. The group took me right in and I made so many great friends. When I left Utah and came to Weihai, I was escaping a lot of crap that what happening in my life. Even though my time in Weihai was too short, I am still so grateful for the friends that I met there. They have helped me through so much and I had tons of fun with them. And will continue to have lots of fun and make memories with them. :)  





My group here in Xiaolan. I love them. We have made so many memories this semester and I am so glad and such a lucky head teacher to have had the honor of working with these girls. I love these girls so much and I am so grateful that I was put as their head teacher. This semester has meant so much to me and I have learned an incredible amount from these beautiful girls. 





Other important people who have affected my life in such a positive way have been my coordinators. 
My coordinators from Ukraine, Oksana and Gayla. I am so grateful that I met them and that I was able to get to know them. We shared so many laughs and I have very fond memories of the time I spent with them. I love and miss them both so much. 
 And also, Andre the security guard to central school. I miss him a lot as well. I'm so grateful for all the funny stories I have to tell about him! 


My coordinators and Chinese Teachers here at Ming De (the school I teach at here in Xiaolan). Kelly, Nicole and Carmen. These three women have seriously helped me out so much this semester. I love them each so so so much. They brighten every single day and have helped me out so much this semester. I am so happy that I can call them my friends. I will be so sad to say goodbye to them too soon.  




It's crazy for me to think that if I would never would have done ILP in the first place, I never would have met these amazing people. My groups, my coordinators and my kids will forever have a special place in my heart. I feel very overwhelmed with gratitude and I will always be so grateful that I was given SO many incredible opportunities through this truly amazing program. я тебя люблю, Wo ai ni,I love you. 

So seriously, if you are interested in seeing the world, changing lives, changing yourself and teaching the cutest little kids. Apply and do ILP, you will never regret it. <3 
http://www.ilp.org/


Happy Thanksgiving, 

With LOVE from China. 

No comments:

Post a Comment